To use Palo Santo – light, blow out flame & enjoy.
Palo Santo, literally meaning “holy wood” in Spanish and is often used in South America in much the same way as White Ceremonial Sage is used in North America – to combat negative energy and to cleanse the space.Palo Santo is often used for purification and in various rituals and ceremonies; the rising smoke of the lit sticks is believed to enter the energy field of ritual participants to clear misfortune, negative thoughts and to chase away evil spirits – or… you just enjoy the pleasantly sweet and uplifting smoke.
The ancient ritual of incense helps to;
- Calm the mind
- Create space
- Set intention
- Each stick is cut and ready to use – about 10 cm
- You light the “stick” with a lighter / match
- It should burn for a few seconds.
- Then shake the stick so that the flame goes out and there is only embers and smoke left.
- Move the smoke around the room in a clockwise circular motion while you in your interior see how it purifies and spreads harmony in your surroundings.